We currently have ten franchisees working with us in Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Colorado. We have prime territories available in these locations. With the Dr. Glass Window Washing franchise you take advantage of our Biz-In-A-Box system plus many other benefits including:
- Paid training - work with us as a sub-contractor to "learn the ropes" first-hand at $15/hour (raisedover the first few months to $20 and then $25/hr) so you can start generating income immediately while you build your franchise, over time. Typically you would work with us for pay 2 or 3 days per week in your first months as you start to build your franchise.
- Use of the Dr. Glass Window Washing brand name and logo (the world's most famous window-washing brand,nationally recognized for excellence - really! You get to be "Dr. Glass"!
- Exclusive window-washing territory. You become "Dr. Glass Window Washing of Alexandria".
- Ongoing interaction with & support from the corporate office. We're there when you need us to help you develop your business - guiding you to success.
- Extensive marketing development - we design and place all your marketing for you (yellow pages, web, newspaper, flyers, cards, promo-materials, mailings).
- Share in our prestigious national media attention. (It's great in your promo-materials!)
- We give on-going direction and support to help you keep your customers year-after-year and in growing your business over time.
Franchise Fee, Royalties, & Reporting
The franchise fee for a Dr. Glass Window Washing franchise is between $3,000 and $6,000 depending upon which state your territory is located in and the size and previous development of each particular territory. There is also an on-going royalty on your gross window-washing income typically between 9% and 12% (depending on territory). After the first number of months, we require a minimum weekly royalty (paid weekly by automatic bank transfer) of between $100 and $400 per week. (This applies only during the window-washing season.) You are required to submit weekly job reports and bi-weekly copies of your database.
Your initial investment for window-washing gear and ladders can be as low as $1,000 to get started on a tight budget, and as high as $2,000 to fully capitalize your business. Of course you will need a reliable car, van or pick-up, a laptop, and a good cell phone. (We find that answering your phone at all times is key to getting lots of work!)
This is important - starting at about $850 for basic workman's compensation insurance (varying considerably by state). You will have to pay considerably more, over the course of the year, based on the size of your payroll. You also need liability insurance that costs about $850/year (varying by state) - in some instances you can be added to our corporate insurance, at first, to minimize your upfront costs.
A reasonable annual advertising investment would be around $8,000/year assuming you want an in-column Yellow Pages ad (paid over the course of the year), a listing in the local paper's service directory or a small display advert (also paid over time), plus a 10,000 flyers and some yard signs. Throw in a college-school student to help you distribute flyers. As your business grows and your database becomes filled with happy-repeat customers, you might choose to lower these marketing costs.